* The polar ice caps will melt – this will raise sea levels, by as much as 60cm by the beginning of the next century.
* The higher sea levels will affect low-lying coastal areas such as Bangladesh. Millions of people will be at danger from flooding and will have to leave their homes.
* Higher temperatures will make water from oceans and seas expand. There will be more frequent floods and droughts.
* Ice melting in Greenland and the Antarctic will flow into the sea.
* Large areas of farmland will be ruined and will affect crops grown in different parts of the world. This would lead to many countries not having enough food which would lead to starvation.
* The changing landscape will endanger several species of animals and plants, which will not be able to cope with these changes.
* Infectious diseases, such as malaria, will spread and kill thousands of people.
* The rising temperature increases the amount of smog, leading to higher death rates from heart and lung ailments.
* Money will be lost because of bad crops and people having to move out of their home because of the risk of flooding.
* Less rain, warmer temperatures and greater evapotranspiration could reduce agricultural yields by a third or more.
* Increased frequency of heat waves could lead to more deaths and illnesses, especially among the elderly.
* In recent years, major – climate related disasters such as Hurricane Mitch and floods in China and Bangladesh have had serious consequences for human health
> The frequency of severe climatic events could cost US$250 billion each year in the next decade. This money would have to come from an increased cost in tax, which is bad news for taxpayers and would lead to a worldwide recession, as is currently.
> Roads, airport runways and railway lines may require maintenance as they are exposed to weather which they are not designed for.
> Food prices will go up because of biofuel production.
> Real estate prices will rise, due to the simple fact that there will be much less land to buy and sell.
> Millions of people will move away from low lying coastal areas. It will cost money to replace things damaged from flooding.